Access Mobility Equipment offers a variety of mobility scooters that are lighter weight to make them more transportable. Some scooters can be disassembled for easier loading into your vehicle’s trunk or smaller space. Some of these scooters can even fold and be rolled with you just like luggage. Scroll down below to see the many options that Access Mobility Equipment can offer to meet your mobility scooter needs when you travel at home or abroad.
Amigo Mobility Scooters
Amigo Mobility makes scooters here in the USA. These are truly Made in the USA scooters with parts from the USA by American labor and employees. Amigo was founded in the 1970’s by Al Theime who is still in the office and factory involved with daily Amigo production to this day. Amigo is the leading manufacturer of the highest quality mobility scooters in the world today.
The most compact model in the Amigo line, the front drive TravelMate is perfect for travel, weighing a manageable 53 lbs (24 kg) once the batteries and basket are removed. Designed for those who are mobile but have trouble walking long distances, the TravelMate easily folds down to fit in a trunk or compartment and is great for long trips, short trips and sightseeing. Simply remove the basket and battery pack, slide the seat forward, fold the handle down and you’re on your way!
- Front drive with smooth acceleration
- Travel surfaces: indoor hard/outdoor paved surfaces
- Twist-grip throttle (right hand side) offers easy-twist speed adjustment
- Adjustable seat for most comfortable reach
- Bumper/lifting handle allows for easy portability
- Platform weight only 53 lbs (without battery pack) (24.0 kg)
- Total weight 68 lbs (30.8 kg)
- Forward and reverse applications
- Lithium-ion battery option
- Battery capacity: 9.5 miles (15.2 km)
- Weight capacity: 250 lbs (113.4 kg)
- Rear wheel width: 22.4 in (56.8 cm)
- Turning radius: 31 in (78.7 cm)
We’re adding information to this page. Please check back as we continue to expand our website.